Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Summer Dinner Suggestion


So yeah, I'm posting a pic of my dinner plate last night. And yeah, I could have made my plate look a little prettier but I was starving and just snapped a shot really fast. But I thought the dinner was really yummy and Todd said it was "Okay" so maybe I can add it to the rotation. The boys liked it and even ate the salad! I made teriyaki kabobs on the grill. The recipe is from ourbestbites.com found on my blog list. I love their recipes!! And the salad is from a relief society dinner I went to recently. It's really yummy but I suggest putting the strawberries on last because ours turned everything in the salad pink!!!

Citrus Fruit Salad

Dressing: Blend in blender
2/3 C canola oil
1/4 C lime juice
2 T fresh orange juice
2 T sugar
1 t grated lime zest
1 t grated orange zest

Salad:
8 C torn lettuce(red or romaine)
1 large orange diced or 1 can of mandarin oranges
16 oz strawberries, cut up
2 avocados diced
3 kiwis diced
grapes

Topping:
2/3 C chopped caramelized pecans
To caramelize put nuts in a skillet with 1/4 C brown sugar on low heat, stir until sugar dissolves and coats the nuts. Pour onto foil to cool. Break apart.

2 comments:

lisa said...

thanks for the recipe and the picture that always helps it look really good im always looking for new things to cook or grill so kyle will cook instead going to try it out let u know

Mom said...

Your food looks really fancy. You are a great cook.

Mom