Thursday, May 28, 2009

Going on a garbage hunt!

Ever since Arbor Day when our town had a clean-up day, Deacon has wanted to go on a garbage hunt! I figured I'd better not squash his dreams of bettering his community so I told him we would go on one soon. Today was a beautiful day so I told him after we walked Liston to school we would have our hunt. He was so excited. He told me on the way there that I had to hold his garbage bag so he wouldn't be tempted to pick any up until after we made it to the school. Well, I guess we've got a lot of garbage on our street because Deacon scored big. He stuffed his bag until he couldn't stuff any more.
Here he is so proud of his good work. Then we tossed the garbage and went promptly into the house for a good hand washing!

2 comments:

Mommy Vance said...

OMG! That is adorable! I can't even stand how cute he is :)

Mom said...

It must make you proud he is developing good habits at a young age.