Friday, August 15, 2008

Huckleberries


We went hiking up Moose Creek a few weeks ago and found a few huckleberry bushes. The berries weren't ripe then so we left them alone. On a whim we decided to go hunt some huckleberries up last night. So we headed back to Moose Creek. We found a ton of huckleberry bushes on the trail but not so many huckleberries. It looked like they'd already been picked over. Besides the ones we ate we only came back with this pitiful not-so-full bowl in my blurry picture. Todd and I could see berry bushes off in the trees so I think if we'd had more time and few less kids with us we'd have picked a lot more! :) But the evening was pleasant and the lupine were still in bloom so the trip wasn't a complete bust. Hopefully we'll have better luck when we go chokecherry picking next week!

2 comments:

Emily said...

How sweet to take time "to smell the roses" those memories make life SOOO sweet, even with a handful of berries to show for it. I am at education week, evening classes, and thought of you! It was this lady, she said if you come home to a huge mess, or have any other highly stressful moments that in 20 years won't seem to matter at all, sing, and dance to this VERY familiar phrase! Clasp hands and do a cabbage patch type dance and say "It JUST doesn't matter!!!!" "It just doesn't MATTER!!" :) Sound familiar, how could I not think of you with that one, we were practically MEANT to say and sing this dance! I will be using it in stressful moments, AND remembering YOU!!!! Thank you JIMMY! And thank you Mare for the notes you gave me, quoting Jimmy! Love you, and how was visiting your ranch?????? Tell me about it!

Mare said...

Hi Em! I'm so jealous of you going to education week--I've always wanted to go! And thanks for the thought reminder--it's true!! Some things JUST DON'T MATTER!! The ranch was fun! I'll have to email you about it!