Monday, August 25, 2008

Huckleberries part 2




Despite our poor luck on our last huckleberry hunt we decided to try again. Todd remembered a co-worker talking about picking berries up Dry Ridge a few years ago so we decided to go looking---and we hit the Jackpot! Todd found a huge patch along a ridge in the trees. We picked 6 cups and could have picked more if we'd had the time. The boys and I went up with Jenn today and picked a few more in a new patch we found. Jenn's the one who first showed us what a huckleberry bush looked like so I thought we at least owed her a few berries! It sure was fun--wish I'd taken more pictures!

2 comments:

Yomama said...

Yay!!! It's you! I can't even tell you how fun it was to see your comment on our blog! I hope you browsed and saw all the family; what a treat it is to see you all grown up and beautiful, and a mother of three adorable boys! Your husband must be great too... ;-} Mare, I'm adding you to our list, so our family can check in on you too - they are much better at it than I am.
Thanks for making the connection - SOOOO fun to reacquaint!
BIG hugs, Karla

Mom said...

Is that Karla Cox making a comment? I miss them wish we lived closer. It looks like it takes a long time to pick huckleberries since there is only one on each branch. You are good and persistent.

Love,

Mom