Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting 4th of July pics! We had a pretty quiet day. We had been planning on going to Jackson for the fireworks but we decided to go to a friend's house for a BBQ and to watch the good ol' Driggs fireworks. The BBQ was fun and delicious---the fireworks were um, pretty pathetic. Probably the worst I've ever seen and I've lived in some small towns! BUT at least we had fireworks to enjoy and Deacon seemed to love them. Liston and Coleman both snoozed through them!

Anyway, we started the day watching some hot air balloons. Driggs has a balloon festival every 4th and the balloons head to the sky each morning for about 3 days! We actually have one hot air balloon that flies over our house almost every morning through the summer. I feel like a kid when I hear it coming close, and head out to gawk at it with the boys :) Here are a few pics of our early morning:









We also went to the parade in Victor. The boys had fun begging for candy. Coleman loved the horses and tried to walk out in the road and pet them!




4 comments:

peggysaulters said...

Great shots! Wow that balloon looks so close! Aren't parades wonderful the boys look delighted!

lisa said...

wow the boys are so big i dont even reconize coleman he looks like deacon in this pic

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

When we drove up to IF for our impromptu weekend at my grandma's Eric and I commented about how we wished there was time to drive up and see you guys. It looks like you've been having tons of fun. I am super jealous of all the kayaking and wildlife viewing. Those views from those lakes are amazing. You guys are lucky to live there!

reanna said...

Now I know when I need to visit. I remeber talkin to mom about it a xmas time when she got her album. 4th of July. I love hot air ballons and of course all of you. Miss you.