Sunday, February 8, 2009

ICE FISHING?

We had a nice sunny day yesterday so we decided to get out and enjoy it. I bought an ice auger last year at a yard sale. I've been wanting to try it out so we thought it would be a great day for it. We went to Palisades Res. When we got there is was nice and sunny, but the wind was blowing making it cold. We got everyone bundled and tried it anyway.




I'm not sure how long it would have taken to get a hole into the ice but I at least made some progress before we had to leave due to the wind.


Liston who didn't want to go to begin with, had a blast. He liked walking around on the lake.

Liston laying in a snow bank.





We had to wake Deacon up when we got there so he just complained the whole time he was cold.



Mom ready to go with a bundled up baby who didn't enjoy the wind


The snow let me sink in up to my knees at the edge of the dam and the lake so my feet got wet. I had to let Mare jump a little bit and I just tossed the kids over the 2ft section that got me wet. Luckily we hadn't planned to stay all day or my feet would have been alittle cold.

2 comments:

Mommy Vance said...

Ice fishing is some of the coldest fun ever. My dad used to take me and luckily he had a tent that he'd put over the hole for windy days like that... maybe you can find yourself one of those for cheap somewhere around there. Kids don't tolerate the cold very well... party poopers!

peggysaulters said...

Brave of you guys. While out there did you hear the lake cracking? That was always a bit freaky to me. Guess since you are in such a cold weather state you might as well brave it and get out! I am proud of you!