Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tonsils!

Deacon has always been a snorer! I remember sitting in church with him as an infant and he was snoring so loudly I could hardly hear the teacher :) I'd have to juggle him around trying new positions to see if he would quiet down. And every year at his yearly check-up I'd ask about his tonsils and the Dr would say they were fine. Well, this year at Coleman's check-up I asked the Dr to take a look at them again. I was afraid he wasn't breathing very well at night because I'd hear a delay in his breathing constantly. Well, this time the Dr said his tonsils looked terrible and ordered a oxymeter to test his oxygen. The results--those nasty tonsils and adenoids needed to come out!
Deacon was very brave--I was a little worried he would be scared. But he was happy and talked to all the nurses and Drs and asked them all kinds of crazy questions. He really wanted to see his tonsils when the Dr. cut them out but they sent them to the lab. He was kind of sad until I showed him a picture of some on the internet and he said they looked GROSS!
Here are some pics of my brave boy whom I think is finally on the mend. He made it through the whole night with no medicine and hasn't asked for any this morning--yay! Love you Deaq--glad you're feeling better!







0 comments: