Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Coleman turns 2

Coleman turned 2 on Tuesday. I know, hard to believe he is already 2. His 2 favorite words are ME and NO. We love him to death and are blessed to have him in our lives. Here are some pics of his special birthday.

Yeah Its My Birthday!


It always starts out the night before with my wife staying up really late and decorating putting the finishing touches on everything. This year was no different. We usually let the boys choose what they want for a cake. Coleman really likes spiders and has been wanting a spider cake. His mom did some googling and found one she thought she could do. It was her first one with the different frosting so she did the cake the night before to make sure it would work. My young wife stayed up till almost midnight getting everthing ready. That is late for someone who will be 32 in a couple of months. I went to bed after I blew up the balloons for her as I am well past 32.

I thought it turned out great. So did Coleman. He had to walk over and point to his cake 100 times before we ate it. We even made this picture the wallpaper on the computer so Coleman can still talk about his Spider.

She made some spider cupcakes just incase the cake wasn't so hot to eat. Coleman ate three of the spiders off the cupcakes for breakfast. He was the only one able/brave enough to eat the baby spiders. Boys couldn't handle the spider fondunt things. But liked the cupcakes.


The day started off a little after 7. Older boys were up ready for Coleman to get started on his presents. Coleman proved to be a real champ at opening presents this year. Hardly had any help at all even though Deacon was trying his hardest to help him.












The weather was crappy all day. It snowed and rained almost the whole day. So we ran out of things to do. We had bought an egg coloring kit in Utah. The boys haven't stopped asking about it so we decided to go ahead and color some. They all had fun. We even did a few raw eggs because they didn't want to stop.



Everyone getting in on the egg coloring. We would have done more but I don't think anyone here really eats them

Coleman loves to play in the snow so he spent a long time outside with the new snow

These two just like to wrestle all the time

After the snow and dinner we got to the main course.
Someone is excited for what is coming



Boys Excited for cake

Peace at last

11 comments:

lisa said...

man thats is the BEST CAKE EVER it is so cool for soemone who cant even look at one makes me want to make one and eat it lol and it looks like u guys had a great day good job mar on the cake man that is cool HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLEMAN WE LOVE YOU andtodd u have the best wife every i think and u to are a good husband too love you guys

lisa said...

mare i left u a message on rans go read it lol lol

Julie said...

Mare the cake turned out awesome. Good job! Sounds like you had a fun and crazy day. Your boys sure are cute.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Coleman!!!

Mommy Vance said...

Wow Mar I'm so impressed with your cake decorating abilities!!! I can hardly frost cupcakes without making a mess! Looks like you guys had fun. Sure wish you were closer so our boys could get to know each other! Happy Birthday Coleman!

Mare said...

Gosh, you guys are nice! The cake wasn't really as hard as I thought it was going to be. The hardest part was trying to get it the color I wanted without making the frosting taste funny--and it kinda still tasted funny :) Todd's just being nice--guess I own him a big kiss!
Love you Coleman!!! Can't believe you're already 2!!!

Joel said...

Happy late birthday Coleman!! He's a cutie. Hunter wants the recipe for the cake. He thinks it is awesome. Is it made out of fondant? I have been wanting to try that out lately but have not dared. Good job! Love-Rach

Joel said...

happy easter Liston and Deacon! I hope you have a great day. Are you going to have an easter egg hunt? I am going to tomorrow and I'm really excited. Today I colored easter eggs and it was so much fun! Have you ever colored easter eggs?
-Hunter

Mare said...

I did marshmallo fondant and it was really easy. I'll send you the recipe if you want!
Thanks Hunter--Happy Easter to you too! We had an Easter Egg hunt inside today because we have a whole bunch of snow! And yep, we had fun coloring easter eggs--we wanted to do more and more! Hope you have a fun day!
Love Liston and Deacon

peggysaulters said...

Happy Birthday Coleman! Such a creative mommy Mare!!! Especially since you are going to be 32!

Todd's dad by the time he was 33 had five kids...just sayin!

reanna said...

Awww I miss you guys. I have the cutest nephews ever!! Great job on the cake!