Friday, August 28, 2009

Kayaking the Lake

I got to go on a weeklong kayak trip down to the southeast arm of Yellowstone lake a couple weeks ago. My dad and his wife came too. We've been trying to do it for 3 years. A guy I work with had 2 sea kayaks he let my dad and Peg use so we finally got the trip done. It was probably the best trip I've had and would do it again in a heart beat if anyone out there wants to go. I thought it was way easier than backpacking.


Dad thought I was putting on weight so these 2 photos are for him :)


View of the Promontory. I would definitely like to get a campsite on it next time.

2 otters cruising the shoreline

some backcountry

Behind me is the view into the south arm, a trip for next time I guess.

Dad and Peg relaxing


We paddled up the inlet to the yellowstone river a couple miles. Dad said he saw a bear walk out onto this sand bar then leave before the rest of us could make it around the bend to see it.

There were some fresh tracks in the sand heading to where dad thought he saw the bear.

After kayaking in white caps with the wind blowing against us what seemed like all day this was the second nights campsite.

Had to take a break from the ruff water we had on our second day.

Fishing wasn't very good at all. Only saw a couple fish along the shoreline. Waste of money for a fishing license.


last campsite and probably the best one on the lake. Had great views, the grass along the meadow gave me some allergies making it a restfull night sleep for everyone in the tent.

last night for photos

Last night of the trip

5 comments:

lisa said...

oh that looks like fun glad u loved it and had fun great pictures an yur going to make dad go on a sricked diet after those pictures and coments he's the sensitive one in the family lol love ya

lisa said...

sorry i looked at my mistakes after i posted it was holding both kids at the time....
but i ment to say..... "and your going to"......

Mare said...

I asked Mare before I posted if it was ok or not. She said it depeneded on where the sensitivity gene in my family comes from. Now we know.

peggysaulters said...

Who is cryin NOW! Oh Bob - and you know who gets the brunt of that cause he hasn't had the time to work out...dear me what are we to do....love the shots and love the memories most of all!

lisa said...

OMG it is soooo funny i even talked to dad about it and he just said oh u should look at tood then u would see" he had to say that cause i was sticking up for you and he was getting sad oh it was funny good posting